I have no shame in my #basic game! I love all things fall and pumpkin related and I just may have started decorating our house for fall after Labor Day. So when my friend posted a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats..I knew I had to get those on my meal plan! Also, if anyone figures out a glamorous and not disgusting way to take a picture of oatmeal, please let me know! 🙂
I have not yet made my annual pilgrimmage to Starbucks for this goddess of seasonal beverages, but this will help me get my fix in the meantime!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee (chilled)
- 1/4 cup milk (I used lactose free milk, but you could use almond, soy, etc)
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tsp sweetener of choice (I chose honey)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp mini chocolate chips, cacao nibs or pepitas to sprinkle on top (optional) (I did not use these)
Mix together all of the ingredients EXCEPT the oats.
Add oats and stir all ingredients together.
Let sit in fridge overnight. Generally ,these are good for up to 3 days.
I did find them to be a little thicker than I would have liked in the morning, so I added a little bit more yogurt, milk and honey for some extra sweetness as the plain pumpkin and coffee can make it slightly bitter. Other than that, they were just what I was hoping for! I highly suggest you give them a try!